Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Metaphorical Rides

A professor once taught me about the "metaphorical rides", as he used to say. For him, the metaphors were cognitive tools to grasp, uplift and concretize mathematics, specially permutations and probabilities. His metaphors sometimes consisted of one or many fleas jumping by the vertex of geometrical figures one, two or tri dimensional. This is based on our personal experiences are capable of being abstracted to self-sufficient mathematics concepts. While my professor used to teach us, he would study our behavior to learn for his researches about the cognition.
Were those metaphorical rides, which led me to understand that all empirical domains can be abstracted to patterns and therefore, extrapolating this idea, the great domain that is the human experience can be also described in only one metaphor. This is how I discovered new interpretations and I met a new world in the same world. My professor appointed it "dimensional rides through the worlds". Therefore, without a doubt is the most wonderful place I have never gone. The best is that I can return whenever I want, and I always want when I need a systematic explication. Because once you found the metaphor from your experiences, vice versa, the metaphor can explain and predict your experiences. And this metaphor for me is a fractal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Books

If you love fractals like me, you can not miss
How nature work by Per Bak
The quark and the jaguar by Murray Gell-Mann

Sample Text