Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Schadenfreude



If you think about some TV series whose plot are doctors or lawyers, there must be a time when the medicine cases or law cases are exhausted and the plot of the TV series is heading for the private lives of the characters or a kind of philosophy of human behavior. I prefer the second option. For example, "Doctor House" was a very popular TV serie meanwhile its protagonist was a surly old man, who had not life of his own. It was very exciting seen how Dr. House used to destroy the life of his patients, from the premise "Everybody lies". Of course, one would say the whole truth of its most   shameful things if you are about to die by hiding them.

By the other hand, I really enjoy TV series about law firms with political intrigues, like Boston Legal or The Good Wife. Human behavior facing morals complexities, it’s fascinating. I always remember a chapter of the serie Boston Legal, which developed the theme about the Schadenfreude. It’s a German word that means, the feeling of joy to other's suffering. I never believed before that when one laughs at the misfortune of someone is by, one has chosen the right path. It’s a feeling that arises from natural selection.

2 comments:

Pensador Pensante said...

I must admit that I love dr. House, I find it so great. very good series. but the other series I don't know it, but... Schadenfreude: that word is so strange!, but I think it represents what it means.

see you

Francisco Bustos D. said...

Barbara. I don´t watch TV series, because I´m really lazy following the stories.. Even when I´ve traid a lot watching some episodes of Nip/Tuck, I couldn´t know the complete story.
So, I just can say congratulations!

Post a Comment

 

Books

If you love fractals like me, you can not miss
How nature work by Per Bak
The quark and the jaguar by Murray Gell-Mann

Sample Text