Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Green walking

Anyone could say that it is rather difficult for a girl like me, borned and raised in Santiago, talk about what does it mean the Green in my life. However, the truth is that my eyes have been captive from that amazing colour for as long I can remember now. And for a trained eye like mine, there is some green in every place. 

When dreaming about their vacation, people all the time say that they would like to fly away to a nice Caribbean beach, but not me. Me, I can be happy with a few trees.
Being waken up by the touch of the thickness of a tree, or the sounds that creates the air passing trough the leaves. That, my dear friends, should be the perfect way to spend a nice afternoon. Or maybe just walking around with a good companion on a street surrounded by trees, talking about the Universe while we see the tree crowns getting together, creating the perfect path for us.
But how can I like this city so much and, at the same time, recognize that I need the Green to be happy. Maybe it's because those little but precious green spots that we can find in between the rest of our sometimes dark and always grey Santiago remind me that there is a better place somewhere, that there is a better way to do things, and that there is definitely a better way to live this life: walking around enjoying every bit of green that you have.
So, I guess you could say I’m a walking-Green-lover

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Books

If you love fractals like me, you can not miss
How nature work by Per Bak
The quark and the jaguar by Murray Gell-Mann

Sample Text