Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Law School

I chose study law and looking for the job opportunities in my future, I thought the best in my case was entering in the law school of University of Chile. This is the oldest law school in my country and is it is recognized by its tradition and excellence.
When I started to go to classes I must admit I thought the people here were a little pride and malevolent and I was right. Then, I understood that this attitude that I used to see in the other people in my faculty and it make me feel so angry about my career decision, it is a professional performance. 
For study law, you don't need laboratories, tools, models, special costumes or stuff like this. Sure, you spend a lot of money in books or photocopies but any good university student spent at least in that. So, the law career is very cheap if you look its production costs.  Then, What make it that the law career be something so special?
The lawyer must to be someone sure of himself, someone really strong, with a thinking clear and decisive. For that, the law career is a constant training of mortification and little humiliations. That way, when you have to be in front of the court and the judges will point the finger, when the counterpart is a lot of lawyers against you and you must allege alone and hold a legal position, you will remember the toughness you've learned in these classrooms. You also will remember that, you went already nothing and anything could be worse than that. Everything you've earned is by your own. So, all your capital is yourself, nothing more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Books

If you love fractals like me, you can not miss
How nature work by Per Bak
The quark and the jaguar by Murray Gell-Mann

Sample Text